This is a guest post my Matt from Faculty Creative. He’s an experience SEO Expert in Baltimore and has a wealth of knowledge. In the post below, he’ll share tips to help you get more leads for your business using local SEO.
In most cases when SEO is being discussed or implemented, local SEO tends to take the back seat. However, gone are the days when local SEO was closely related to a local-mom-and-pop shop. Today, online businesses do stand to gain from local SEO as well. If done right, your business stands to gain from both the broader audience online as well as the local audience.
Local SEO focuses on providing search results that are relevant to a given location/ current location. You can choose to hire a local SEO firm or you can choose to do things yourself. Regardless however, SEO is an essential component to either making or breaking your business. As such, it needs to be done right if you wish to end up with the best results.
What makes Local SEO important?
There are a number of things that make local SEO important, some of which include:
- Google loves local businesses and strives to push them to the forefront whenever possible. In recent years, Google has embraced smaller businesses or companies thus helping improve their online presence. One of the ways it has shown interest in such businesses is by providing a number of free tools such as Analytics and Webmaster Tools.
- An increase in mobile and wearable devices that in turn spike the use of mobile internet. More and more people are looking to their devices for information on the go. In order to compete against the competition, you need to embrace local SEO tactics. You need to ensure that you have a great mobile presence to capture your mobile audience’s attention.
You can improve your Local SEO presence by:
- Having the right On Page SEO optimization in order to provide search engines with the right signals.
- Ensuring that the content you market is focused on the local audience. Ensure that your content is relevant and useful.
- Ensure that your presence on a number of relevant local profiles is correctly set up.
Things you can do by yourself to improve your local SEO rankings:
Embrace the social media since a number of people are turning to it to find information and also using it as a source of entertainment. It is relatively easy to get in touch with your local target audience. You can do this by optimizing your social media profile to embrace local connections.
Ensure that NAP is consistent: It is important that your name, address and phone numbers (NAP) are consistent on your website and local listing. This helps do away with confusion when the listing reads one number or address and the website reads something completely different. It is important to cross check all the sources that have your business listed and ensure that the right information is being displayed.
Ensure that the local citation is done right. This means making sure that your business is accurately listed with the most appropriate information provided. Any variations in the information displayed on the different sources may result in a drop of your local authority which may in turn negatively affect your business.
Ensure that you appear in local reviews by encouraging your customers to leave reviews concerning your business on review sites such as Yelp. Please note; it is wrong to buy reviews or solicit the same.
Make use of enticing media to help entice potential customers to ultimately make the purchase.
Choose the right category for your business for example; if you deal with Chinese food, then it is better to associate your listing with the right category which is ‘Chinese restaurant.’
Don’t forget to reference your keyword in the title if you wish to improve your online presence with the target keyword selected.